Make this simple yet tasty blueberry relish recipe while your chicken breasts marinate. The flavors of the relish will compliment pork as well.
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp. dried basil
- 2 Packages (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups each) Driscoll's Blueberries, divided
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 plus 1/8 Tsp. salt
- 1/8 Tsp. ground allspice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
Combine chicken, garlic, 1 tablespoon vinegar, oil and dried basil in a bowl, tossing to coat chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 1/2 packages blueberries, shallots, bell pepper, fresh basil, sugar, coriander, 1/8 teaspoon salt and allspice in a bowl; mix well.
Remove chicken from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to grill pan and cook about 5 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 165°F. Serve chicken with blueberry relish and remaining blueberries.