Driscoll's PMA Fresh Summit Sweepstakes
Enter for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
How to Enter:
1) SNAP a photo at the Driscoll’s PMA Fresh Summit booth (#3945)
2) TAG #BerryTogether, #FreshSummit, #Sweepstakes, and @DriscollsBerry
3) SHARE your photo on Instagram, Twitter, or Driscolls.com
Driscoll’s PMA Fresh Summit #BerryTogether Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
2019 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES BY ENTRANTS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY (19 IN ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (D.C.), who are at least 18 years of age and of the legal age of majority in their state (19 in Alabama and Nebraska). The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Driscoll's, Inc. (“Sponsor”, also referred to as “Driscoll’s” throughout this document), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, judging, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on October 18, 2019 at 10:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 19, 2019 at 5:00:00 p.m. PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Website server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: There are three (3) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes:
Instagram: During the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Instagram account (or create a free account if you do not already have one). Then, post one (1) photo sharing your “#berrytogether” moment at Driscoll's’ PMA Fresh Summit booth (booth # 3945), tag @driscollsberry, and hashtag the image with #BerryTogether, #FreshSummit, and #Sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (collectively, an “Entry”). Your Entry must include the required hashtags and tag to be eligible. Entry content will not be judged. Your Instagram account must be public to enter. If your account is set to “Private,” your Entry may not be visible, and you may not be able to receive any direct messages from the Sponsor.
Twitter: During the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Twitter account (or create a free account if you do not already have one). Then, tweet one (1) photo sharing your “#berrytogether” moment at Driscoll's’ PMA Fresh Summit booth (booth # 3945), tag @driscollsberry, and hashtag the image with #BerryTogether, #FreshSummit, and #Sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (collectively, an “Entry”). Your Entry must include the required hashtags and tag to be eligible. Entry content will not be judged. Your Twitter account must be public to enter. If your account is set to “Private,” your Entry may not be visible, and you may not be able to receive any direct messages from the Sponsor.
Website: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit Driscoll’s, Inc.’s website at www.driscolls.com/berrytogether/gallery (the “Website”, and collectively with the Twitter and Instagram platforms, the “Websites”) and follow the online directions to complete the entry form and upload one (1) photo sharing your “#berrytogether” moment at Driscoll's’ PMA Fresh Summit booth (booth # 3945), tag @driscollsberry, and hashtag the image with #BerryTogether, #FreshSummit, and #Sweepstakes to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (collectively, an “Entry”). Your Entry must include the required hashtags and tag to be eligible. Entry content will not be judged.
Important Notice: If you visit the Website, post photos or receive updates from Twitter or Instagram via your wireless device, standard data charges will apply. Please consult your data rate plan regarding pricing for data.
Each Entry must be unique. Automated means of entry are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Enter using only an email, Twitter or Instagram account registered in your name. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the natural person associated with the corresponding social media account or email address provided with the Entry will be considered the entrant, provided such individual is otherwise eligible to enter. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
Content: Each Entry must be suitable for display and publication in all forms of media, including but not limited to the internet, the World Wide Web, print, radio, and network, cable or satellite television broadcast. Accordingly, Entries must be dignified, modest and in good taste, may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to profanity, must not contain any offensive or defamatory statements/references including but not limited to words/images that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, orientation or socioeconomic group, must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, must not portray Sponsor or Sponsor’s brands or products in any way that might tend to subject any of them to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule, and must not in any other way violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Entries may not contain any elements that violate a third party's copyrights or trademark rights and should not depict any individuals that have not granted permission to be featured. Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any Entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the foregoing reasons or any other reason.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted on or about October 19, 2019 from among all eligible Entries received, by the Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE AND VALUE:
One (1) Grand Prize: a $100.00 Visa® pre-paid gift card.
Pre-paid cards are subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions set by the issuer. Visa and the Visa logo is a registered trademark of Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa U.S.A. Inc. is not a Sponsor of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, and/or local taxes, if any, or any other costs, fees, or expenses, if any, on the prize they receive. Prize is not transferable, and no substitution of prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Grand Prize winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via direct message on the social media platform used to enter, or via the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes and will be required to respond within five (5) business days with the prize claim information requested. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to a notification within five (5) business days of first notification attempt, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner may be contacted. The prize will be ready for pick up at Driscoll’s PMA Fresh Summit booth (booth # 3945) until 5:00 pm on 10/19. If the prize is not claimed by this time, it will be shipped to the mailing address provided within 4 – 6 weeks after verification.
Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be contacted if: (1) a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable; (2) if notification is not received in a timely manner for any reason including because of spam filters; (3) if any prize correspondence is not returned within the required time period; (4) or, if the potential winner declines the prize for any reason or is found to be ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of social media accounts, mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to termination/cancellation.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties, Twitter or Instagram (collectively, “Releasees”) resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Websites in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Websites; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Websites. Use of any websites (including without limitation the Websites) is at the user’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Websites or the download of any information from the Websites, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree to release and hold Sponsor, Sweepstakes Parties, Twitter and Instagram harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, and/or (iii) the entry post or submitted by the entrant.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, each entrant grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice, Entry, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Sponsor’s Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as the winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
12. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or any judgment on an arbitration award shall be resolved exclusively in the federal, state and local courts located in Santa Cruz County, California. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
13. WINNER INFORMATION: For the winner information, visit www.driscolls.com/berrytogether/gallery for up to 30 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
14. SPONSOR: Driscoll’s, Inc., 345 Westridge Drive, Watsonville, CA, 95076.
Life & Joy