A sweet and sour cocktail topped with a strawberry and mint, this is the "official" drink of the Belmont Stakes, one of the most popular horse races of the summer.
- 3 Ounces Makers Mark Bourbon
- 3 Ounces fresh orange juice
- 3 Ounces cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 Ounces Lustau Deluxe Cream Sherry
- 1 1/2 Ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Ounces simple syrup
- 1 Can (8oz) lemon lime soda
- 1 Can (8oz) club soda
- 2 Driscoll's Strawberries
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
Combine bourbon, sherry, orange juice, cranberry juice, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice. Shake and strain, pouring into two highball glasses.
Top each glass with a splash of lemon lime soda and a splash of club soda. Garnish each glass with strawberry and mint sprig.