Created By: Rick Rodgers
A tub of mascarpone turns into a sophisticated spread when topped with a simple mixture of balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, blackberries, and basil. Serve this blackberry mascarpone fruit dip with crackers and guests will be left wondering how you put together this amazing combination.
- 1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/2 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Large pinch of fleur de sel or other flaky salt
- 1 container (8 to 8.8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Crackers, for serving
Bring vinegar and brown sugar to a boil in a nonreactive small saucepan over high heat. Boil until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Pour into a medium bowl. Let cool.
Gently stir in blackberries, basil, pepper and salt.
Fill a bowl with hot water. Dip bottom of the mascarpone container in water for about 5 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, unmold mascarpone onto a serving platter. Spoon blackberry mixture over mascarpone, being sure to scrape all juices out of the bowl, and letting berries fall randomly. Serve with crackers.