Created By: Rick Rodgers
Cocktail parties will be sweeter with the addition of these sweet and savory cheese tartlets topped with raspberries and blackberries and drizzled with honey and fresh thyme. The recipe makes 24 tartlets but don't be surprised if they go quick!
Cream Cheese Dough
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature
- 3 Ounces cream cheese, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- 5 Ounces rindless goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2-3 Tbsp. chestnut or thyme honey, warmed, divided
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
- Fresh thyme
Cream Cheese Dough
PLACE flour into food processor fitted with metal chopping blade.
PULSE to combine.
ADD cream cheese.
PULSE about 10 times until mixture begins to clump together.GATHER dough into a ball.SHAPE dough into a thick disk.WRAP dough in plastic wrap.
REFRIGERATE dough until chilled, about 2 hours.
Baking the dough
POSITION oven rack in center of oven.PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
GREASE two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray or butter.
DIVIDE dough into 24 equal pieces.PLACE one piece of dough into each muffin cup.PRESS dough firmly into bottom of muffin cups and evenly up sides to make a pastry shell. (A wooden tart tamper can help the job go quickly.)
CHILL muffin tins in freezer for 5 minutes.
SPOON equal amounts of filling into chilled pastry shells.
BAKE tartlets about 25 minutes until crust is golden-brown and filling is puffed.
COOL tartlets in pans for 10 minutes.
REMOVE tartlets from pans and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
PLACE goat cheese in a medium bowl.ADD cream cheese.STIR cheese mixture until smooth.
ADD egg.ADD egg yolk.
ADD minced thyme.ADD salt.
STIR filling until smooth.
SET ASIDE filling.
DRIZZLE tops of tartlets lightly with honey.
TOP tartlets with berries as desired.
DRIZZLE berries with remaining honey.
SPRINKLE tartlets with thyme leaves.
|Total Fat||14.98 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.99 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||13.91 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.00 g|