Blueberries are baked into this light sweet treat to create a wonderful little cookie.
- 1/4 Cup evaporated cane juice crystals (Can use sugar as a substitute)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 Cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. whole golden flax seeds
- 1/4 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup (2 ounces) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 2 egg whites
Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the egg whites, evaporated cane juice crystals, honey, salt, coconut, flour, and flax seeds. Set the pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the vanilla. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Using a small scoop, scoop 1 Tbs. balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press 1 blueberry into each macaroon. Bake until light golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
|Total Fat||9.80 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.23 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||16.84 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.07 g|