The Health Benefits of Eating Blueberries
If someone told you there was a food that could help you lose weight, prevent disease and keep you looking great, you’d probably have doubts. Fortunately, science has shown us that blueberries can do all those things and maybe more!
1. Get gorgeous. Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit, giving them the ability to protect cells and keep your skin beautiful and your hair and nails strong.
2. Look younger. They help neutralize free radicals which can accelerate the aging process.
3. Fight fat. This power berry is high in fiber, low-calorie and naturally sweet, making it an effective diet aid when you need to slim down.
4. Stay healthy. Blueberries promote a healthy urinary tract by making it hard for bad bacteria to cling to the walls of the bladder.
5. See clearly. They’ve also been shown to prevent cataracts and improve nighttime vision.
6. Zoom in. Blueberries may reduce the effects of oxidative stress, keeping diseases like Alzheimer’s away.
7. Live longer. Blueberries are cardio protective, keeping your heart in good shape.
8. Be Regular. This little fruit contains soluble and insoluble fiber to keep your digestive system healthy.
9. Fight disease. Blueberries are thought to keep colon and ovarian cancer at bay.
10. Be happy. Nothing is a better, guilt-free indulgence than blueberries! They just taste great!