Try something different and use coconut milk as the base for a lime dressing in this simple salad. The hint of coconut flavor tastes great tossed with a mix of tropical fruits and fresh strawberries. Make the dressing a day ahead of time if you like.
- 1/3 Cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tsp. grated lime zest
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 Cup (1/2-inch cubes) fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 large head butter or Bibb lettuce (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 1/2 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest and salt. Whisk in olive oil in a thin steady stream until evenly blended.
Divide lettuce leaves evenly among 4 serving places and drizzle with half of dressing. Top with strawberries, pineapple, mango and nuts and remaining dressing. Serve immediately.