Janel (aka: NellieBellie) shares her beliefs that food has the power to create lasting memories, relationships, and moments. An old-fashioned dessert favorite is now a rich and creamy cocktail. With a splash of amaretto, this strawberry shortcake martini has shortcake crumbs that rim the glass for a fun and classy twist. For some extra fun, make this delicious cocktail into a shot to enjoy with your friends & family!
- 3-4 sugar cookies or graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Cup from 1 package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Cup strawberry ice cream (vanilla may also be used) (vanilla may also be used)
- 2 Ounces Amaretto
- 1 Oz. Vodka, plus a little more for rim of glass
- 1 Tsp. sugar (add more to taste)
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Purchased whipped cream
POUR a small amount of vodka onto a small plate.
PLACE a cocktail glass, rim side down, into the vodka.
POUR crushed cookies onto a small plate.
PRESS the cocktail glass, rim side down, into the crumbs.
BLEND strawberries, ice, ice cream, amaretto, sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth.
POUR strawberry mixture into cocktail glass.
TOP cocktail with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry.