Cucumber and jicama add crunch to this strawberry salad. The lime dressing adds both a fresh citrus flavor as well as a pinch of heat. Make dressing a day ahead of time if needed. Assemble salad just before serving.
- 1/3 Cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/8 Tsp. espelette chiles or ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 Cups 1/2-inch jicama cubes
- 1 Cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño, deseeded and thinly sliced
For the dressing, combine lime juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, poppy seeds and chiles in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
Place strawberries, jicama, cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño in a large bowl and toss with dressing.