We've turned classic raspberry nanaimo bars into a delicious pie, perfect for the holidays! Try it today or bookmark for the holidays.
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla custard powder or instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/4 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) dark, bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll's Raspberries
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Remove saucepan from heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar until evenly blended. Add egg and whisk until blended. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and walnuts. Press evenly into 9 or 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Bake 12 minutes. Cool completely.
Over a large bowl, press 1 package raspberries through a fine mesh sieve to create 1/4 cup puree. Discard seeds. In a mixing bowl, stir together cooled butter and custard powder with an electric mixer until evenly blended. With an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat in 1 cup confectioners’ sugar. Add 2 tablespoons raspberry puree and beat until blended. Repeat with remaining confectioners’ sugar and raspberry puree until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Spread into cooled crust. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Place chocolate chips and butter in a metal bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Let cool slightly then spread over chilled raspberry filling to an even layer. Top with remaining raspberries. Return to refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours until chocolate topping and raspberry filling are both set. Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes before slicing. Cut into thin wedges to serve.
Check out our other Raspberry Pies!
1 slice (84.33g)
|Total Fat||17.16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9.56 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||38.34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.76 g|