Created By: 20160729T182438Z
Bake the cheese rolled in pine nuts and breadcrumbs just long enough in the hot oven to brown the coating and warm the cheese before it melts. Be cautious removing the hot plate from the oven.
- 4 Ounces soft goat cheese, chilled
- 4 Ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Champagne or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Pinch each salt and black pepper
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Blend cheeses with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl.
Dampen hands with cold water and shape cheese into a 5-inch diameter round.
Combine pine nuts and bread crumbs on a small plate.
Roll edges of cheese in nut mixture. Place on an oven-proof plate or shallow baking dish. Pat remaining nut mixture on top of cheese.
Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar, honey, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently mix in berries.
Spoon berries over warm cheese. Serve immediately with flat bread, crackers or sliced baguette.
Caution: plate may be very hot.
Lighten Up Tip
Lighten up the recipe by replacing the cream cheese with fat-free or reduced fatcream cheese.