Strawberries and ginger combine to make a unique and refreshing take on a mojito, the traditional Cuban cocktail. The sweetness of the berries and slight heat from the ginger mix perfectly with the fresh mint and lime.
- 1 Tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. (1/2 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons (2 ounces) spiced rum
- 3 Tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) ginger ale
- 4 medium Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and quartered, plus 1 for garnish
- 12 sprigs fresh mint, plus 1 for garnish
Place chopped ginger in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add quartered strawberries, mint sprigs and lime juice and muddle again. Add ice, brown sugar and rum. Shake vigorously to combine. Strain into double old fashioned glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale. Garnish with remaining strawberry and mint sprig.