Created By: 20160728T234705Z
Red wine is often described to have hints of blackberry flavors. It is a perfect blend in this cold soup topped with fresh raspberries and blueberries. Serve as a light dessert after a hearty meal.
- 2 Packages (6 ounces) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 1 Cup dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir)
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 4 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 Cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 Package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Package (6 ounes) Driscoll's Blueberries
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fresh mint for garnish
Purée blackberries, wine, and sugar in blender or food processor until smooth.
Press through a strainer to remove the seeds. Discard solids.
Stir in lemon juice; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Ladle gazpacho into chilled soup plates, footed glasses or bowls.
Drizzle or spoon sour cream on top, and scatter with raspberries and blueberries.
Garnish each serving with a mint sprig or coarsely chopped mint.