Strawberries, red onion and papaya are tossed in a creamy avocado dressing in this strawberry salad recipe. Serve with mâche, a tender baby lettuce or any mixed baby greens.
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 Cup olive oil, plus more for drizzle
- 1 to 4 Tbsp. water
- 3 small avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Cups Driscoll's Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 12 Ounces mâche, or mixed greens
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into paper thin rings
Place one avocado, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and scallions in a blender and puree until smooth. Add olive oil slowly while the motor is running. Season with salt and thin with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. The consistency of dressing should be slightly thinner than ketchup.
Place strawberries, papaya and red onion in a large bowl and toss with avocado dressing. Place a small bed of greens on each plate and top with strawberry mixture. Slice remaining avocados and lay several slices on top of each salad, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.