Created By: Glenda Galvan-Garcia
Tart raspberry flavor blended with traditional salsa ingredients makes a tasty and versatile salsa. Use as a dip for chips or as a colorful accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork or fish. To toast cumin (and intensify flavor), cook in a hot skillet just until its aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- 3 Packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 1/2 Teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Tsp. mashed garlic
- 1 Tsp. ground cumin, toasted (toasting is optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 Tsp. sugar
Combine raspberries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, garlic, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Mash gently with a whisk or potato masher to release berry juices, leaving large pieces of raspberry in the salsa. Add sugar to taste.
Chill 1 hour for flavors to blend. Adjust salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Serve with chips or over fish or poultry.