Show Mom Your Appreciation on Her Special Day
I love being a food blogger, but my favorite job is being a mom to our sweet little pea. Caleb brings me so much joy and I can’t imagine my life without him. We enjoy going on walks, playing at the park, dancing, reading, and snuggling together. Caleb is only 18 months old, but he is already a great sous chef. He loves helping mommy in the kitchen…and he’s a great taste tester too.
Caleb shows me love every day and melts my heart every time he says “mommy” and gives me a big kiss. Being a mother really is the best job.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and that means it’s time to spoil mom. You don’t have to break the bank to show your mom love on Mother’s Day. The best gifts usually don’t cost money, just a little thought, time, and love.
If you are looking for a special gift for mom, grandma, your aunt, sister, etc., here are a few inexpensive gift ideas for Mother’s Day. And don’t forget to get the kids involved!
- Make a coupon book filled with things to help Mom out. For example, “I will do the dishes” or “I will pick up my toys.”
- Pick a bouquet of flowers for Mom and tie the flowers together with ribbon or place them in a Mason jar.
- Make a special Mother’s Day card. Include a favorite drawing, picture, or photo to brighten up the card.
- Tackle Mom’s “To-Do” list. Help Mom get her chores done for the day so she can relax.
- Make a “Why I Love You” jar. Insert notes with all of the reasons why you love Mom.
- Give Mom a Time-Out. Let Mom have an hour to herself so she can read, take a bath, go on a walk, or take a nap.
- Make Mom breakfast in bed.
If you want to make Mom breakfast in bed, I have a simple and delicious recipe for you, Strawberries ‘n Cream Baked Oatmeal. The kids and Dad can make this recipe while Mom sleeps in. I promise, it’s easy peasy!
I used heavy cream because strawberries and cream go so well together…and it’s Mother’s Day after all, Mom deserves a special treat. You can use milk for a healthier option. This baked oatmeal is tasty either way!
Celebrate Mother’s Day with Strawberries ‘n Cream Baked Oatmeal. Happy Mother’s Day!
Maria and her husband, Josh, co-author Two Peas and Their Pod. They live in Salt Lake City with their little sweet pea, Caleb.