Created By: 20160729T175042Z
A mixture of berries (use all four or a combination of 2 to 3) and salsa ingredients makes a perfect topping for our rich goat cheese fondue. The blend of berries and cheese is a delicious dip for homemade (or store-bought) pita chips.
- 1/2 Cup minced red onion
- 1/2 Cup diced fennel
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Driscoll's Strawberries, diced
- 1/2 Package of a 6-ounce package Driscoll's Blackberries (2/3 cup), halved
- 1/2 Package of a 6-ounce package Driscoll's Blueberries (1/2 cup), halved if berries are large
- 1/2 Package of a 6-ounce package Driscoll's Raspberries (2/3 cup), halved
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 8 Ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 8 Ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 Each whole wheat pitas
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 300°F. Cut pitas into 1-inch squares. Spread on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Combine red onion, fennel, basil, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Set aside for flavors to blend.
Stir cheeses and milk together in a medium heat-proof bowl. Add salt to taste. Heat in microwave or oven, just until warmed through. Add berries to salsa and spoon over warm cheese. Serve with pita chips for dipping.