Created By: 20160628T231058Z
This mixed berry cobbler is from Chef Thomas Connell of Ritz-Carlton, Miami, FL. Buy almond meal in your local health food store, or make your own by pulsing raw or blanched almonds in a food processor until very finely ground.
- 2 Packages (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup each) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 2 Packages (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup each) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 2 Packages (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cup each) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1/4 Tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup almond meal
- 1/2 Cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 Cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Place berries in a large bowl. Add sugar, 1/4 cup flour, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Stir gently to combine. Drizzle orange juice and vanilla over berries. Mix lightly. Place fruit mixture into a 10-inch deep-dish glass pie plate or 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
Mix remaining 1 cup flour, almond meal and oats in a large bowl. Add butter and work in with a wooden spoon or pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over berries.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until berries are bubbly and topping is golden brown. (Place a piece of foil on rack under baking dish to catch any drips while baking.)
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
|Total Fat||17.61 g|
|Saturated Fat||10.67 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||52.59 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.83 g|