- 7 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 Cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons glaze (recipe above)
- 3 Packages (16 ounces each) Driscoll's Strawberries
Whipped Cream Optional
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- In a bowl combine butter and sugar. Blend to make a paste. Add Yolk and blend thoroughly. Add flour using your fingers, blending to make crumbly dough. Do not overwork. Pat firmly into a 9” pie pan. Let it rest in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and prick bottom of the crust with a fork. Place a sheet of parchment paper large enough to overhang covering the entire pie pan. Fill to the top with pie weights or beans; make sure pie weights are evenly distributed. Bake crust in preheated 400 degrees oven for 10 minutes. Remove the parchment paper with pie weights. Cover crust edges with foil and bake another 3 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 2 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- In a small bowl mash enough strawberries to make ¾ cup of strawberries. In a 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in ½ cup of water and mash strawberries (optional add 2-3 drops of food coloring if a deeper red color is desired). Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens; cool completely about 35 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and 2 Tablespoons of glaze filling until smooth. Spread evenly at the bottom of the pie crust. Line one row of fresh cut strawberries covering the cream cheese mixture. In a large bowl combine the rest of the glaze filling and cut strawberries, distributing glaze evenly over the strawberries. Arrange strawberry mixture in the crust, placing in the center of the pie crust working towards the outer edges. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
In a small bowl beat 1 ½ cups of whip cream and 1 Tablespoon of sugar until soft peaks form. Serve each piece of strawberry pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
Strawberry Pie Recipe is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Darlene from So fresh, so delicious Seriously the best pie I've ever had. Not too sweet and oh so fresh and delicious. I would eat it everyday if I could!
Date published: 2016-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mollj from Delicious I made this recipe on a very dreary winter day and it totally brightened the day and reminded us of spring. I think this could only be even better when strawberries are at their peak. I made substitutions with vegan products to make it a vegan pie and used my own crust recipe.
Date published: 2018-01-08
1 slice (303g)
|Total Fat||30.67 g|
|Saturated Fat||18.77 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||59.49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.91 g|