Created By: The Blender Girl
The secret ingredient in this creamy strawberry smoothie is blended cashews which give the flavor and texture of dairy with no dairy at all. High speed blenders will produce the creamiest result. Lemon juice adds tanginess and you can use some grated zest for an extra zing.
- 2 Cups Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Cups filtered water or coconut water
- 1 Cup ice or more to preference
- 3/4 Cup raw cashews
- 1/3 Cup pitted dates or 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup (1/2 banana) fresh or frozen banana, chopped
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Usually about 30 - 60 seconds. Tweak the flavors to taste.
You might want to add more ice, a little bit of lemon zest, more sweetener etc.
Click here to watch the video.
Recipe developer, Tess Masters otherwise known as The Blender Girl, shares her tips and tricks on creating easy, healthy smoothies here.
Click here for additional berry smoothie recipes!