This warm citrus with rum sauce is a delicious complement to the bright flavor and color of fresh mixed berries. Use this berry recipe as a way to highlight your favorite seasonal berries at their peak.
- 1 Package (16 ounces or 3 cups) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cup) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 1/2 Cup dark rum
- 3 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 Tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), chilled and cut into 4 pieces
Divide berries evenly between four dessert dishes or long-stemmed glasses.
Combine orange juice, rum, brown sugar and zest in a small saucepan. Simmer until reduced by half, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over. Add lemon juice and butter to the saucepan; heat and stir just until butter melts.
Pour over berries and serve immediately.