- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup finely shredded coconut
- 8 Ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 large, flat chocolate cookies such as Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 12 large Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled
- 12 small Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled
- 24 Driscoll's Blueberries
- 24 mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 mini white chocolate chips
Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small, wide, microwave-safe bowl on low setting until smooth. Place coconut in wide, shallow, small bowl. Place cookies in single layer on serving platter.
Combine cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl and mix to create thick frosting (add more sugar as needed if too thin).
Place cream cheese frosting in sturdy, resealable plastic bag and snip one corner off bottom to create disposable decorating bag. Alternatively, use a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Refrigerate 10 - 15 minutes or until firm.
One by one, with strawberry tips pointing up and hulled base pointing down, pipe beard shape with cream cheese frosting at center of strawberry. Press strawberry into coconut beard-side down to adhere coconut to beard. Attach hulled end of strawberry to cookie base with a small dollop of melted chocolate.
Dip blueberries half-way into melted chocolate and affix two to each base of berry on cookie to form Santa's boots.
Pipe cream cheese frosting around strawberry tips to create heads. Use white mini chips for noses and semi-sweet mini chips for eyes.