Supply Chain Manager, Canada
- Location: Canada - Remote Worker - Quebec
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0006283
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Supply Chain Manager for Canada is responsible for the Quality Department and the Distribution Centers Operations (3PLs and grower managed) related to cooling and shipping fruit from a defined region. He/she supervises the Distribution Center, Packaging, and Quality Teams. Additional responsibilities include communication with Quality Team, Harvest Planners, Supply Chain Planning, Sales, Transportation, Cooling Facility, and Grower Relations to optimize production, best-in-class service levels, while maintaining quality. The focus of the Quality team is to execute Driscoll’s standards and Field Advisor Programs directed towards improving and maintaining overall product quality to thoroughly meet and exceed the expectations of Driscoll’s consumers. They will ensure a smooth flow of merchandise through the Distribution Centers. This is achieved by creating operating plans for the region, developing, and implementing best practice processes, and leading efforts to adopt equipment and technology solutions. In addition, at certain strategic sites, the responsibilities will include product line packing, and other manufacturing-related processes. He/she is a strategic leader to support the achievement of the Supply Chain Group goals related to fruit quality, safety, cold chain, exceptional service levels and warehouse execution. Ensures facilities under his/her umbrella comply with Good Manufacturing Practices related to Food Safety. Demonstrate an ability to transfer vision into reality. Responsible for Functional Work Group Planning (FWGP) and CPI (Continuous Process Improvement) implementation in Supply Chain in their assigned region. Travel will be required (Up to 70%).
• Work closely with production to develop a quality road map and onboard new growers
• Responsible for multi-location warehouse operations and distribution centers within his/her region
• Achieve operating performance targets in safety, quality, customer service and efficiency
• Oversee and supervise Quality and Distribution personnel in Canada
• Identify gaps in performance in his/her region and address them jointly with the Distribution, Quality, Supply Chain Planning, Transportation, Sourcing, Harvest Planners and Production
• Design the development of short and mid-range projects to fulfill Supply Chain goals, incorporating meticulous planning for building and facility expansion, contract cooling requirements, staffing, and equipment needs for Driscoll’s and contract facilities, while ensuring effective budget management.
• Monitor operating costs, implement sound audit controls, and develop action plans to address cost variances
• Work with Canadian customers, supporting sales development from a quality and logistics perspective
• Oversee and execute any inspections/audits in collaboration with regulatory agencies
• Maintain daily communication with Production, Distribution/Logistics, Harvest Planner, Transportation, Packaging, and Sales Departments regarding production and quality
• Execute Driscoll’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) developed and managed by DOTA Supply Chain Audit, and Quality Assurance support team.
• Work collaboratively with the District Production, Distribution/Logistics, Quality and Research teams to improve product quality and service levels
• Supervise innovation and continuous improvement efforts within Supply Chain to increase efficiency and service/value to the enterprise
• Promote safety, team development, training, and evaluation of personnel continuously. Ensure proper levels of success are in place and actively updated and refreshed
• Build and develop collaborative team spirit across Driscoll’s personnel and grower base
• Ensure the confidentiality of Driscoll’s financial, proprietary and employee information where appropriate
• Professionally represent Driscoll, demonstrating the Company’s Mission and Values in all interactions with co-workers, growers, vendors, government agencies, and consultants
• Ensure the confidentiality of all Driscoll’s proprietary information
• Responsibilities will also include coverage support in the US during the Canada off-season and other duties as determined by the Distribution Operations Manager, East Coast
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Supply Chain, Engineering or related fields
• 3-5 years of supervisory positions, preferably in the agricultural industry, Quality related and/or in Supply Chain fields, preferably with Driscoll’s
• Trilingual English/French/Spanish verbal and written skills required; fluency preferred
• Solid demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve optimum individual and corporate objectives
• Must also possess excellent and demonstrated data analysis skills, motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiar with 3PL management
• Knowledge of post-harvest handling of fresh fruit
• Strong influencing skills and capable of gaining consensus
• Customer service focus
• Periodic seasonal travel is required (70% travel)
• Computer proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically strong Excel spreadsheet development and proven ability to learn and master new data analytical programs required, such as Tableau
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
• A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
• Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
• Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
• Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them
• Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
• Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
• Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
• Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
• Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.