Start your next meal or dinner party with these fresh and light endive bites. The combination of creamy goat cheese, crunchy endive and pistachios is a perfect way to enjoy fresh raspberries or blackberries.
- 4 Ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1 apple (pink lady or honey crisp)
- 2 heads endive leaves, rinsed and dried
Blend goat cheese and cream in a small bowl using a fork. Set aside. Core apple and cut into thin slices about a quarter-inch thick. Trim apple slices to fit into endive leaves.
Arrange endive leaves on a platter. Place one apple slice into each leaf. Use a sandwich bag or piping bag with a star tip to pipe 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each leaf. Add one raspberry to each leaf. Drizzle with honey and garnish with pistachio nuts.
Prepare up to an hour ahead and store in refrigerator. Serve chilled or at room temperature.