Created By: Glenda Galvan-Garcia
Tart raspberries blended with traditional ingredients makes a tasty and versatile fresh raspberry cilantro salsa. Use as a dip for chips or as a colorful accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork, or fish. To toast cumin (and intensify flavor), cook in a hot skillet just until it’s aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- 3 Packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 1/2 Teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Tsp. mashed garlic
- 1 Tsp. ground cumin, toasted (toasting is optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 Tsp. sugar
PLACE 3 packages raspberries into a medium bowl.
MASH gently with a whisk or potato masher and ALLOW large pieces of raspberry to remain.
ADD 1/2 cup finely diced red onion and ADD 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
ADD 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper and ADD 4 ½ teaspoons fresh lime juice.
ADD 2 teaspoons kosher salt and ADD 1 teaspoon mashed garlic.
ADD 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin (toasting is optional).
ADD 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and ADD 1 teaspoon sugar.
CHILL 1 hour for flavors to blend.
STRAIN OFF excess liquid.
ADJUST salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
SERVE immediately with chips or over fish or poultry.