These low fat burgers have a surprise ingredient: blueberries. Not only do the berries keep the burger moist and flavorful, this bold combination turns ordinary burgers into a healthy meal. Tangy lemon-basil mayonnaise ties the ingredients together.
- 1/4 Cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups) Driscoll's Blueberries, divided
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. ground turkey (7% fat)
- 3 Tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 1/8 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 light 100 calorie multi-grain English muffins, toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
Combine mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest and 1/2 package blueberries in a small bowl; mix well and reserve.
Combine remaining blueberries, garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard in a bowl; mash well with a fork. Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix until well combined. Divide into 4 portions and form into 3 1/2-inch diameter patties.
Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 175°F. To serve, place 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf and a turkey burger on bottom half of each English muffin. Spread cut side of muffin tops with basil mayonnaise and place on burgers. Serve immediately.