Janel (aka: NellieBellie) shares her beliefs that food has the power to create lasting memories, relationships, and moments. An old fashioned favorite is now a rich and creamy cocktail with a splash of amaretto! Shortcake crumbs rim the glass for a fun and classy twist.
- 3-4 sugar cookies or graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Cup from 1 package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Cup strawberry ice cream (vanilla may also be used)
- 2 Ounces Amaretto
- 1 Oz. Vodka, plus a little more for rim of glass
- 1 Tsp. sugar (add more to taste)
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Purchased whipped cream
POUR a small amount of vodka onto a small plate.PLACE a cocktail glass, rim side down, into the vodka.POUR crushed cookies onto a small plate.PRESS the cocktail glass, rim side down, into the crumbs.BLEND strawberries, ice, ice cream, amaretto, sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth.POUR strawberry mixture into cocktail glass.TOP cocktail with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry.