- 8 Packages (6 ounces each) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup sugar, plus more if needed
- 1/4 Cup , plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 Tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) very cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 Cup cold heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream, set aside
- Demerara sugar, set aside
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sifted together, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Whisk the mixture making sure the mixture is fully combined. Add blueberries, with your fingers toss to coat and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt in a food processor bowl and pulse until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, and add heavy cream and vanilla in a steady stream, mixing with a spatula until the dough comes together. Using your fingers, gather the dough and divide into 9 equal pieces, and loosely form each piece into a ball and flatten to about ½-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Transfer blueberry mixture to a greased 8-inch square-baking dish. Top blueberry mixture with cobbler dough balls, spacing evenly. Brush dough with heavy cream, and sprinkle with coarse sugar or granulated sugar. Bake until berries are bubbling in center and dough toppings are golden brown, about 50-55 minutes. Transfer dish to a wire rack, and let cool slightly, about 30-40 minutes.
Classic Blueberry Cobbler is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by gailee from Classic Go-To Recipe! I make this recipe several times a year---I use blueberries, or blackberries, or a combination of blue, black, & raspberries. The only improvements I make are to add about 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice to the berries and sprinkle the top of the cobbler with cinnamon/sugar.
Date published: 2017-11-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tb415 from One of my faves! Love this recipe! One of my favorites for any occasion!
Date published: 2016-10-19