Make these trifles the after dinner surprise for any 4th of July celebration. Layers of berries are mixed with mascarpone whipped cream and lady fingers soaked in strawberry puree. Serve in fun glasses or wine goblets.
- 1 Package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 3/4 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1 Package (8 ounce each) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Package (3 ounces) lady finger cookies
- 2 Packages (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups each) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups each) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups each) Driscoll's Blueberries
Reserve 6 small strawberries for garnish. Hull and puree remaining strawberries in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds (you should have about 1 1/4 cups puree). Set aside. Whip heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Place mascarpone in a large bowl and beat with a rubber spatula until smooth. Fold in whipped cream in three additions until evenly blended.
To assemble trifles: Reserve about 1/2 cup each raspberries, blackberries and blueberries for trifle topping.
Dip one-half lady fingers in strawberry puree until lightly soaked and layer on bottom of 6 serving glasses. Top each with an even layer of remaining blackberries and blueberries. Top each with layer of about 1/4 cup whipped cream mixture, spreading evenly. Top each with second layer of remaining lady fingers dipped in strawberry puree. Top each with even layer of remaining raspberries. Top each with even layer of remaining whipped cream mixture. Top each with even layer of reserved raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Garnish each serving with 1 reserved strawberry. Refrigerate until ready to serve.