- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Aviation
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005207
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Corporate pilot will assist in solving complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and develop new concepts, methods, and techniques. The Corporate pilot will communicate regularly with the Assistant chief pilots, to ensure that all operational issues related to our aircraft are addressed in a timely manner. We are looking primarily for pilots with strong handling skills and extensive IFR background. A King Air 350 and/or Falcon 2000 EASy type rating is preferred but not absolutely required. We fly our King Air into many airports with relatively short runways, plus at least one airport which is unimproved dirt, so we're looking for pilots who are very confident with their airmanship.
• Participate in ensuring that all government, industry and company safety and operational requirements are met
• Ensure flight operations related safety issues and hazards are reported to the Chief Pilot via the Safety Management System
• Complete all required preflight planning and preparation duties
• Ensure aircraft, weather, flight plan, departure airport facilities, at departure, in route and at destination, meet operational requirements
• Ensure required aircraft certificates and manuals are on board the aircraft prior to commencing a flight
• Maintain current knowledge of, and adhere to part 91 & Part 135 regulations, including recent flight experience required under FAR part 61, Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the Driscoll’s flight manual and best practices as described in FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Advisory Circular material
• Attend regularly scheduled ground and simulator training, maintaining flight proficiency and knowledge of all flight operations, regulations and aircraft systems
• Maintain current required licenses and certificates to comply with company, ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), as applicable, and FAA requirements
• Assist loading and unloading of baggage and providing passenger needs as required
• Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
• Domestic and international travel required up to 90%.
• Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
• Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
• FAA Second Class Medical
• Rated in King Air – 300/350 - preferred
• CA Driver’s License or plan to convert to CA
Minimum Experience Required:
• 3,000 hours of total logged flight experience
• 1,500 hours Pilot In Command
• 1,000 hours in Jet or Turboprop
• 250 hours actual instrument time
• 300 hours night time
• 200 hours in type – preferred
• High School diploma required, two years college or technical training preferred
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
• The perfect fit for Driscoll’s is a highly motivated team player who values creating and maintaining a positive work environment. The ideal candidate will reflect Driscoll’s core values of Trustworthiness, Humility and Passion. Ability to work well under time pressures, adapt to working outside the M-F daytime work hours when necessary, and communicate effectively with others are just some of the attributes we’re looking for.
• California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
• A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary range estimated for the Corporate Pilot is: $ 145,000 to 180,000 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.