Distribution Center Supervisor
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005003
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Distribution Center (DC) Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment for all employees at the distribution center and will need to work effectively with other Supervisor’s at the Distribution Center. Actively supports employees in job growth and provides leadership when asked by these same employees. Works in creating process improvement solutions to optimize productivity, efficiency, while maintaining accurate data entry into the system. Provides the leadership necessary to facilitate process improvements and can execute through others.
The DC Supervisor exhibits the company values and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements set forth by the Distribution Center Manager. Will be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Quick Reference book for their employees to review when needed. Must be knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices. Will be asked from time to time to contribute ideas on resolving issues and is expected to provide constructive feedback.
- Work in a collaborative environment, serving in a leadership role and as part of the Distribution management team.
- Continually provides exceptional customer service and communication to the internal and external customers, communicating via phone and email with various departments (Food Safety, Sales, Harvest Planners, other Supply Chain groups, etc.) while fulfilling orders in the distribution center.
- Maintain Management Team informed and updated of any potential issues or concerns regarding operations, personnel and safety.
- Maintaining and accurate inventory while adjusting discrepancies in our inventory management systems (fruit, materials and plants).
- Ensure all inventories are handled according to Driscoll’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Effectively and constructively facilitate interpersonal interactions, such as exchanging information, persuading others, problem solving and working under pressure.
- Complete tasks and projects in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Help manage workloads
- Assist in scheduling work schedules and adherence to employees’ rest periods.
- Monitor employees’ daily performance and provide coaching as necessary.
- Provide feedback for employees’ performance reviews (including Training Matrix)
- Cross training of staff (Forklift training if applicable)
- Maintaining distribution center up to Standard Manufacturing Practices (Housekeeping).
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe environment and all within compliance of the Safety program.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Other duties as assigned.*
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Position demands a flexible work schedule; to include Overtime, Weekends, On Call, Day/Mid/Night Hours Shifts, and Holidays, including other work functions within Distribution for example: (Export, In-bound, Out-bound, Long Cane, Shipping Area)
- High school diploma or GED required. Prior experience working in a fast-paced distribution environment highly preferred
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal & written communications; (English/Spanish) preferred
- Thorough understanding of receiving, cooling, storage, rotation and shipping of fruit, highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and problem solve in a timely manner
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, reliable and can work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as data entry and the ability to run reports
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.