Project Manager, Global R&D
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Project Management & Analysis
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002513
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s Global R&D department is looking for an experienced and driven Project Manager. Working in concert with program leads, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, leading and controlling multiple cross functional projects, multi-project programs. The Project Manager will initially be deployed on high priority projects related to research technology and software and play a key role in their successful execution. He or she will work hand-in-hand with the R&D digital programs team and Driscoll’s information technology and services function to implement a two-year initiative focused on reinventing Global R&D’s ecosystem of digital systems that support various aspects of the breeding and research process. In addition to the information technology group, the Project Manager will work with teams from the scientific disciplines of Plant Breeding, Molecular Biology, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Agronomy, Production Management, and Research Farming and Plant Breeding to help with complex multi-year programs. Collaborative work with members of business units other than Global Research and Development will be typical as well.
- Plan and clarify program scope, define critical milestones, develop and maintain detailed project plans, and leverage project management best practices to support the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Organize and define project tasks and resource requirements; assemble and coordinate project team members; track project deliverables using Driscoll’s program management tools; monitor project budget and resource allocation.
- Lead and coordinate program activities cross-functionally with clear communication of project deliverables; develop thought leadership in support of development of critical project deliverables; build, develop and navigate business relationships critical to the success of the program; positively influence others to achieve results.
- Establish, control and track baseline program metrics; evaluate and report on progress to R&D and business stakeholders; provide guidance and recommendations for corrective actions when changes to the initial plan are necessary; ensure timely and accurate resolution to all issues or problems. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business discipline. PMP certification preferred.
- 3+ years of professional experience in project management in a research setting, preferably with a consumer products or agricultural company.
- Demonstrated management success of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP).
- Experience in information technology and software implementation preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct, manage, plan and control multiple activities in order to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company.
- Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and influence the actions of others without direct authority.
- Comfortable in making decisions and assumptions in absence of complete data. Intellectually curious, self –motivated and service oriented.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License, passport, and some international travel required (5-10% estimated).
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills. Skills with Microsoft Project or equivalent would be helpful.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.