Sr. Marketing Manager, Shopper and Category Activation
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Marketing
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005716
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAs part of the Brand & Product Marketing Department, and reporting to the Director of Omnichannel Marketing, the Sr. Marketing Manager, Shopper and Category Activation serves as the subject matter expert for shopper behavior, key retailer omnichannel strategies, and category trends to develop and execute strategies and tactical plans that drive brand and category growth and increase consumer demand. The Sr. Marketing Manager, Shopper and Category Activation manages the Shopper Marketing, Merchandising, and Ecommerce functions through a combination of direct reports, contractors, and agencies. The candidate is an insights-driven, collaborative marketing leader who will drive short-term sales lift while understanding the long-term impact that will drive repeat purchases and build brand equity. Responsibilities will encompass all communication vehicles through which the shopping behavior can be influenced through brand engagement. This role will work in partnership with Market Insights, Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Customer Development to develop and execute upon category, shopper, and channel-specific insights and strategies to propel the Driscoll’s brand and the fresh berry category forward.
Strategies & Tactical Plans to Drive Driscoll’s Brand and Fresh Berry Category Growth
- Develop a strategy to reinvigorate an omnichannel year-round Driscoll’s branded berry patch destination with the right customers, right product assortment, and right placement
- Spearhead a vision of what “best in class” merchandising looks like for the berry category across channels (i.e. club, mass, grocery) to inspire our Customer base through a data driven approach
- Optimize assortments by creating a master schematic that can be tailored by format and store tier
- Develop and deploy a tactical shopper marketing mix (e.g. Retailer Media Networks, In-store media, retailer apps, paid search, secondary displays and endcaps, etc.) that drives Driscoll’s berry category growth and consumer demand and preference for Driscoll’s
- Leverage Driscoll’s Brand recognition and loyalty across retailer.com, last mile, and pure play to drive berry category growth and Driscoll’s sales online
Cross-functional Collaboration across Marketing & Commercial Group
- Engage as an active thought partner with cross-functional team members including Product Marketing, Customer Development, and Digital Marketing
- Establish knowledge and credibility of the true value of shopper marketing across the entire path-to-purchase by setting standards and expectations in metrics and measurements
- In consultation with Market Insights, identify metrics (e.g. berry linear feet, $/store/week, revenue/foot), methodologies, and appropriate cadence to field audits of priority Customers determined in conjunction with Customer Development
- Participate in the stage gate process for New Product Development by leading the development of in-store placement strategies for new products and segments
- Work with Market Insights to uncover meaningful insights on how consumers shop the category and identify opportunities based on the market, competition, and product
- Partner with Brand Marketing to understand brand positioning and brand differentiation to create compelling content and merchandising programs that are on-brand
Influence Retailers Through Understanding of Customer Goals, Category Objectives, and Shopper Insights
- Create business cases and presentations for use by members of Commercial Group to ensure the berry category receives fair share of space at the right retailers and that the space is optimized (branding, refrigeration, placement in store, etc.)
- Develop “diamond relationships” with key retailers to uncover opportunities to influence shopper behavior, focusing on brand conversion at or near the moment of purchase
- Work in partnership with key retailers and Customer Development team to increase trips to berry category, brand loyalty, basket size and value, and household penetration across berry types
- Keep retailers apprised of the impact of Driscoll’s marketing and merchandising on the retailer’s category growth
Drive Engagement & Manage an Effective Team
- Introduce scalability to merchandising, shopper marketing, and ecommerce through process, vendors, and platforms
- Manage effective Merchandising and Customer Marketing Budgets through planning and aligning with Customer Development team
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding: people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform.
- Recruit, onboard, and coach staff to ensure robust learning and career development consistent with the Company’s values and rapidly globalizing profile.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team in order to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 7+years’ experience: category or brand manager with a Top 500 food/CPG Brand or with grocery retailer
- Previous experience should include some mixture of the following: Shopper Marketing, Category Strategy, Category Management, Merchandising, Ecommerce, Analytics and Reporting, Shopper Insights, IRI and/or ACNielsen syndicated data experience
- Demonstrated results in driving strategy and execution across the entire path-to-purchase, including track record in managing campaigns with tactics such as Retail Media Networks, In-store media, creation of secondary displays and endcaps, mobile app offers, paid search
- Experience managing a team
- Strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial mindset
- Budget management experience
- Experience identifying and onboarding vendors and agencies
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™. For more information, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for Sr. Marketing Manager, Shopper and Category Activation: $ 90,200 - $133,000.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.