This strawberry salsa is a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats or fish. Strawberries give it a sweet note while basil and shallots make it assertive enough to be part of a satisfying meal. It's best the day it's made but you could prep ingredients separately one day ahead of time.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1/9 Tsp. ground black pepper
PLACE 2 tablespoons lemon juice into a medium bowl.
ADD 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
WHISK to combine ingredients.
ADD 2 minced shallots and 2 tablespoons sliced basil.
STIR to combine ingredients.
HULL and CHOP 1 package strawberries.
ADD strawberries to lemon juice mixture.
STIR until evenly blended.
SERVE immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.