This strawberry salsa is a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats or fish. Strawberries give it a sweet note while basil and shallots make it assertive enough to be part of a satisfying meal. It's best the day it's made but you could prep ingredients separately one day ahead of time.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries
- Pinch Ground black pepper
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in shallot and basil. Hull strawberries and chop (you should have about 3 cups.) Add to lemon juice mixture and stir until evenly blended.