Summer sizzles with these juicy blackberry skewers with a tangy ginger marinade. Thoroughly preheat the grill or broiler so the skewers cook quickly and the ingredients don't stick to the grates. A thin metal spatula works best for turning the skewers without crushing the berries.
- 1 Package (6 ounces 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 12 Ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 26 count size)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed with press or minced
- 1 mango, peeled, cut in 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 12 wooden skewers
Preheat a gas grill or broiler to high heat.
Thread blackberries, mango and shrimp alternately on wooden skewers.
Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, oil, ginger and garlic to make a thin glaze.
Brush onto prepared skewers, coating all sides.
Grill or broil skewers 3 minutes per side, carefully sliding spatula under berries when turning.
Serve warm or room temperature.