- 1/4 Cup evaporated cane juice crystals (Can use sugar as a substitute)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 Cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. whole golden flax seeds
- 1/4 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup (2 ounces) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the egg whites, evaporated cane juice crystals, honey, salt, coconut, flour, and flax seeds. Set the pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the vanilla. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Using a small scoop, scoop 1 Tbs. balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press 1 blueberry into each macaroon. Bake until light golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Macaroons is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DeeD from Loved it I love macaroons but I had never thought to add blueberries. Ridiculously easy recipe even though I kept feeling as though I forgot a liquid ingredient. I added a 1/4 cp almond creamer to the recipe and made it with 1 Tb coconut flour and 1Tb almond flour to make it grain free. Very good taste and texture. Will now make this a staple.
Date published: 2017-04-25