The cookout stand-by, coleslaw, gets a refreshing update with creamy (but cream-less) low fat dressing and plump sweet blackberries and blueberries. If you like your coleslaw with a little kick, add a bit of Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper to taste.
- 1/4 Cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Package (16 ounces) cole slaw mix
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup light (1.5% fat) buttermilk
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, peeled
Grate onion on large holes of box grater to get ¼ cup grated onion. Transfer grated onion with juices to medium bowl. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until combined.
Add cole slaw mix, blackberries, and blueberries and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. The cole slaw can be made up to 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Serve chilled.