Sr. Manager, Distribution Operations
- Location: US - Watsonville DC
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0006376
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
- Remote Type: Onsite
About the OpportunityThe Senior Manager of Distribution is responsible for receiving, cooling, and shipping fresh berries across over eighteen operating locations in California, involving hundreds of staff (full-time and seasonal). This is achieved by creating operating plans for these locations, developing, and implementing best practice processes, and leading efforts to adopt equipment and technology solutions. Also, at specific strategic sites, the responsibilities will include plant storage and distribution, product packing, and other manufacturing-related processes. The leadership role includes management of distribution center relationships with 3PL’s, and Grower owned sites This senior position will lead the distribution center managers and operate critical functions supporting the safe and efficient flow of fruit and information from origin in the field to destination at the customer. The key responsibilities include exceeding grower and customer expectations, significant improvements to the Distribution Center's overall operational efficiency, cut-to-cool, cold chain management, fruit rotation, meeting on-time and in-full targets, cost savings, and talent development to drive current and future skill/capability needs. Developing a lean, sustainable CA distribution network that supports and drives the company's anticipated growth. The Sr. Manager will also support the implementation of technology-related changes across the CA network, such as Warehouse Management System, automation, robotics, and new cooling technologies. Ensures facilities under his/her umbrella comply with Good Manufacturing Practices related to Food Safety. Demonstrate an ability to transfer vision into realities. Responsible for Functional Work Group Planning (FWGP) and CPI (Continuous Process Improvement) implementation in Distribution Operations in their assigned region. Travel within the state of CA will be required. (Up to 30%)
- Responsible for all California cooling and distribution site operations to perform as a highly aligned network
- Support and drive multi-million dollar business cases to maintain, grow, and modernize the CA distribution network for future cooling, storage, shipping, and processing needs
- Oversee and manage 3PLs, applying negotiating strategies to maximize leverage control, navigate complicated situations, and reach the best outcome for the business
- Lead managers to ensure their teams understand expectations for meeting their goals. Ensure standardization and sharing of best-demonstrated practices within Distribution Centers and across the CA Distribution Center Network
- Working experience with labor unions and collective bargaining
- Track, analyze, communicate, and improve key performance metrics
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and quarterly business reviews, with Distribution Center Managers, 3pls, and growers
- Promptly identify and address complex supply chain issues; effectively collect and evaluate data; provide alternative solutions
- Present weekly department reports at grower meetings
- Lead cross-functional planning with stakeholders (production, supply chain, transportation, sales, finance) to optimize company objectives
- Develop the creation and management of the yearly operating and capital expense budgets
- Drive implementation and management of labor management and pay-for-performance across seasonal population
- Create a culture of continual improvement, customer/service focus and cost optimization
- Work with distribution center managers to ensure effective & unplanned maintenance
- Manage departmental activity for compliance with safety laws, regulation, and company standards
- Nurture, support and promote the company Mission, Vision, and Values
- Follow company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all Driscoll’s proprietary information
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, business management or equivalent experience
- Must have 10 plus years’ experience with Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics and Inventory Systems
- Familiar with 3PL management
- Extensive labor management experience
- Experience in managing a team of business professionals
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience with process management and practical implementation of technology required
- Analytical ability to develop and monitor measurable goals
- Valid California driver’s license and eligibility for use of company vehicle
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for the Sr. Manager of Distribution Operations: $107,619.00 to $167,200.00 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll’s exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners. Driscoll’s is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries ™. For more information, please visit our website at www.driscolls.com.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.