Director of Grower and Production Insights
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0006259
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: Mexico-Guadalajara
The Director of Grower and Production Insights is responsible for modernizing and centralizing Driscoll’s visibility to grower and production insights, leverages data and analytical tools to support senior leadership by extracting valuable insights and making data-driven decisions, elevates Production engagement with growers on their business drivers, and advancing key strategic supply initiatives and growth across Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA). This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with the District Production teams and growers, Supply Execution, and Enterprise Finance leaders across the Berry Patch to enable Driscoll’s pursuit of Mission and Vision. The Director of Grower and Production insights reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
Modernize Production Team visibility to business insights:
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to provide data-driven insights and recommendations that support strategic decision-making processes
• Demonstrated experience creating reports, dashboards, and data visualizations to effectively communicate insights and findings to various internal and external stakeholders
• Transforms complex data into easy-to-follow reporting through graphing, charts, and dashboards
• Serve as Production’s bridge to the Data Analytics Hub and other information sources
• Lead the in-take and deployment of new reports and insights into the Production districts
• Partner with Enterprise Finance team to drive visibility and sustainability of financial performance at the grower, district, and deal level within Driscoll’s of the Americas
• Partner with Supply Leaders to develop required visibility for nursery alignment and resource planning
Elevate engagement with growers on their business drivers:
• Partner with growers and the Enterprise Finance team about grower profitability and costs, together with Production Managers, to establish Individual growers and deal-wide understanding
• Engage with Enterprise Finance Team to monitor special projects with growers – loans, crop investments, etc.
• Utilize existing business driver information from growers and from Driscoll’s strategic plan and Enterprise Finance team to deploy information-sharing tools that can be utilized by District Production teams in individual and group meetings with growers
• Support District Production teams by engaging directly with key growers to discuss business drivers and business model changes
Advance key strategic initiatives and growth:
• Develop analytical strategies to solve business problems by understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering, and summarizing data meaningfully, and applying appropriate statistical analysis
• Drive analysis and thought partnership for emerging business opportunities, diving into the grower side of the business
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, Business, computer science, management information systems, finance, statistics, or related field
• At least eight years of experience as a data analyst, business intelligence analyst, market research analyst, financial analyst, statistician, or equivalent experience in production management
• Bilingual and biliterate (English/Spanish)
• Strong communication, summarization, and presentation skills between diverse departments with varying technical knowledge
• Ability to identify patterns, correlations, and trends from data that can provide insights into business operations and grower profitability
• Strong influential skills with the ability to glean insights and translate them into business recommendations for senior management
• Strong ability to extract, manipulate, visualize, and model large data sets
• Willingness and ability to stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and tools in data analysis, machine learning, and business intelligence
• A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions (estimated 10%)
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
• Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations, large or small
• Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them
• Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
• Collaborates: Works with various colleagues, inside and/or outside Driscoll’s, seeking win-win solutions
• Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
• Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for the Director of Grower Production Insights: $152,200 to $205,700 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.