Accounting Manager, Driscoll's Nursery
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0006133
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
- Remote Type: Hybrid
About the OpportunityThe Accounting Manager, Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA) Nursery is a key member of the DOTA Nursery Accounting team. The Accounting Manager, DOTA Nursery, performs accounting and supervisor duties of a complex nature requiring professional experience, and knowledge of accounting principles. Responsible for the accurate accounting and financial reporting, systems, processes and support activities for Driscoll’s US Nursery and Farming Investment activities. In addition, this role is responsible for the hiring, leading and ongoing development of Nursery Accounting team members, supporting the organization and department’s overall mission. The Accounting Manager, DOTA Nursery will develop solutions to complex problems, recommend best practices, manage multiple priorities, connect the interdependencies between Operations, Finance, Accounting, and cross functional work groups. This role may lead projects and project teams.
- Leads monthly, quarterly and yearly closing functions, including annual audit
- Leads aspects of consolidation for specific subsidiaries as assigned
- Reviews, approves and prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Reviews, approves and prepares supporting audit schedules
- Responsible for the maintenance of ledger accounts and records in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Driscoll’s Accounting Policies. Maintains Nursery Accounting policies and oversees internal control framework.
- Prepares and presents assigned segment of Monthly Financial Reporting Packages to be utilized by Business Unit and Finance leadership
- Supports Nursery Operations members and teams by providing transactional coding guidance, ensuring appropriate accounting treatment of transactions and the reporting of operational spend
- Leads, provides direction, and has oversight of direct reports activities
- Manage a team to execute against Nursery Accounting close, analysis and reporting initiatives. Will participate and oversee small ad hoc teams to assist in strategic and ad hoc Nursery Accounting and management reporting issues and improvements
- Contributes to the Business Unit’s people priorities and objectives regarding people leader effectiveness, engaged employees, and enabling others to perform
- Assists with the review, assessment, and documentation of internal controls for Driscoll’s processes and procedures
- Bachelor´s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years professional Accounting work experience
- Areas of experience to include:
- General Ledger Accounting
- Month End Close
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Accounting
- Experienced and proficient with
- US GAAP
- ERP Experience
- Microsoft Applications (esp. Excel)
- Fluent English/ Spanish preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience managing employees (required)
- Ability to proactively perform in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, follow through and able to meet multiple deadlines daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly
- High level of accuracy in work and strong attention to detail
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are vital for success in this role
- Ability to synthesize, simplify and present information and concepts to different audiences
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for the Accounting Manager, DOTA Nursery: $71,200.00 to $110,500.00 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.