Seasonal Production Field Technician
- Location: US - Santa Maria Regional Office
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005610
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis is a Seasonal Position that works with growers to observe and collect information on acreage, cultural practices, forecasting, varieties and yields with an eye towards grower and Driscoll profitability. Under the direction of the Regional Production Team, provide growers with communication related to updates on recommended production and forecasting practices. Ability to work and communicate independently and contribute to group processes is critical.
- Communication: Collect field observations, gather feedback, and create written reports to provide to Regional Production Team. Work independently to assist growers in identifying problems and recommend solutions that may improve overall success. Collaborate and communicate effectively with all other internal customers for greater efficiencies and attainment of DSA’s strategic plan. Participate in grower meetings.
- Production Monitoring: Independently monitor all aspects of berry production by visiting fields, talking with growers, and collecting data on variables that impact commercial production (e.g. flower counts, pest pressures, soil conditions, irrigation practices, variety influences, acreages, etc.) Accumulate industry and competitive information which will assist in planning, and decision-making process of the Production Group.
- Nurtures, supports, and promotes the Company Mission to continually delight Berry Consumers through alignment with our Customers and our Berry Growers and exhibits the Company Values.
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensures the confidentiality of all of Driscoll’s proprietary information.
- Other. Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience with berry production preferred. Agronomy training a plus. Ability to create and update field evaluation reports with software applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook. Must be able to create and maintain strong, positive relationships with growers. Ability to interpret field observations and effectively communicate to the Regional Production Team. Position requires significant walking and bending during field evaluation processes. Bilingual (Spanish and English) skills a plus. Must maintain a valid CA driver license and have the ability to be covered under company sponsored vehicle insurance. Will need to work extended hours and be flexible with work schedules to accommodate travel and field visits.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Hourly Range estimated for Seasonal Production Field Technician $16.40 - $21.30
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.