Finance Manager, Information Services
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005586
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Finance Manager-Information Services will be responsible for providing critical support to Driscoll’s Information Services (IS) team including accounting, planning, financial reporting, and analysis. This financial oversight role will report into the Global Controllership organization with a strong secondary relationship to the IS Organization and collaboration with Financial Planning and Analysis. This role will collaborate to ensure the appropriate accounting for the IS support functions areas, including challenging and educating business partners to determine the appropriate capture and support of amounts to be capitalized in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Such accounting will include but not be limited to coordination of project accounting efforts associated with Driscoll’s Project Aurora, a multiyear transformational implementation of Oracle Cloud ERP. The role may have both direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Monthly Reporting
- Variance explanations (OpEx/CapEx)
- Project Tracking (OpEx/CapEx) – communicate with PMs and Accounting
- Provide support for and develop Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs), ensuring the requests reflect the business case, requirements, and capital vs. expense determination.
- Track licenses, contract renewals, forecast OpEx
- Annual Operating Plan (AOP) by Business Unit/Cost Center/Totals
- Forecast (Q2P)
- Forward looking analysis in support of IS and Global Controllership
- Work with IS Business Relationship Managers (BRMs)
- Accruals to ensure timeliness of expense recognition
- Track Vendors – contract renewals
- Procurement – OpEx and CapEx, CER process, PO Tracking, Invoice, Coding
- Manage Delegation of Authority (DOA) and approvals
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of applicable accounting experience
- 8+ years overall experience in finance related roles
- Extensive working knowledge of US GAAP, including software accounting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Ability to influence and educate others regarding challenging concepts and accounting policies
- Ability to provide insight from internal and external sources to recommend best practices
Preferred (other) Qualifications
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) preferred
- Public accounting experience is highly valued
- Excellent English verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to research and develop recommendations for the accounting treatment of specific items/scenarios
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and rapidly changing environment
- Confidence to provide adherence to appropriate accounting policies and communicate those decisions to non-accountants.
- Team player. Must possess the ability and experience to successfully build strong relationships and earn the trust/respect of others
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for the Finance Manager, Information Services: $92,700 to $130,000 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.