Director of Finance, Driscoll's of the Americas
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005516
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Director, Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA) Finance is responsible for Finance activities across core functional work groups in the US, Canada, and Mexico. This includes: • Supply Execution (excluding Nursery) including Logistics, Food Safety & Social Compliance, Sourcing, US / Canada / Baja and Central Mexico Production, and Supply, Operations Planning & Quality This individual and their team will provide analytics and decision support to these functional work groups to help inform better decision making and alignment to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and DOTA-specific priorities. The role receives direction from the DOTA Chief Operating Officer and their direct manager the DOTA Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
This individual and their team will participate in financial planning activities for DOTA in a manner that provides clear understanding of results and links activities and priorities to financial outcomes.
In addition, this individual and their team will deliver on special finance projects specific to each functional work group (e.g., cooler network optimization for Supply Execution).
While the Annual Operating Plan is driven by the Director of Business Planning and Analysis, this individual and their team are responsible for measuring the performance of functional work groups against this budget, including cost center reporting and decision support related to areas like revenue and service margin.
This individual will properly resource and manage the workload of their team given multiple competing priorities of various US and Canada work groups.
This individual will interface directly with DOTA Leadership Team (DLT) members to help align the work of their team against the priorities of the functional work groups and to report out on key analytical support for the BU.
The role will manage 1 direct report that engages directly in analytical support to US / Canada & Mexico functional work groups.
• Sr. Manager, Supply Execution Finance – This individual provides finance and decision support to the Supply Execution (excludes Nursery) functional work groups within the DOTA business unit.
Other details about the role:
• Domestic and international travel required up to 10% (passport required for role)
• Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
• Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
• Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
Points of Interface
This role has five organizational peers reporting to the CFO, DOTA:
• Senior Director, DOTA Controller
This individual oversees monthly and annual financial reporting for the DOTA business unit in accordance with US GAAP. They are responsible for transaction services related to areas like Credit & Collections. They also oversee balance sheet management including areas like working capital, fixed assets and other long-term investments. Finally, they work with our Global Controllership organization to ensure financial processes and controls in accordance with Driscoll’s Process Control Standards.
• Director, LATAM Finance
This individual oversees Finance activities across Mexico and South America. They also oversee financial activities for our Mexico Nursery operation and for measuring the success of our Mexico growers. This individual is based in Guadalajara, Mexico.
• Director, Business Planning and Analysis
This individual is focused on the planning function of our division, working closely with our Corporate organization on areas like the 5-year Annual Operating Plan, business intelligence and large-scale strategic projects. This individual also oversees the Project Management Office. This individual is based in Watsonville, CA.
• Sr. Director, DOTA Nursery & Enterprise Finance
This individual is focused on the Nursery and Enterprise Finance of our division, working closely with Nursery Operations for key metrics, accounting support, AOP deliverables, and variance reporting. Enterprise Finance focuses on Grower Economics, Enterprise Profit and Loss analysis, Grower financing, as well as supporting Product Leadership on our 5 year planning. Focus is also on areas of business intelligence and large-scale strategic projects. This individual is based in Watsonville, CA.
• Sr. Director, DOTA Business Program Lead
This individual is the DOTA Lead for the Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) initiative. They are responsible for managing the business aspects of the DOTA EBA program in close partnership with the DOTA Functional Leads. This individual is based in Watsonville, CA.
Additionally, this role will partner closely with their LATAM Finance counterparts to provide holistic analyses and decision support for entire DOTA business unit
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA preferred, CMA or CPA is a plus
• ~15 years minimum work experience in operational finance roles (e.g., cost accounting, performance metric management, internal control deployment, process optimization, support for investment prioritization and management)
• Strong preference for experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) or agribusiness
• 3-5 years of people management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, developing environment with excellent organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
• Strong analytical and business acumen
• Comfortable sourcing and assimilating data from various sources to provide comprehensive, multi-perspective analytical approach to the business needs
• Able to optimize processes and create predictive insights from data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate meaningful insights and recommendations derived from data and analysis to senior management
• Creative problem-solving skills. A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value
• Able to work within a large organization with many competing priorities and viewpoints; able to promote ideas and recommendations persuasively while building and maintaining positive working relationships
• Must be able to deal with ambiguity, and follow through with analysis, even in the absence of perfect information
• Advanced PC skills in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word). Experience in other database and/or analytical tools a strong plus
Compensation & Benefits
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for Director of Finance, DOTA: $135,700 to $200,000 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.