Director, Global Master Data Management
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005254
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Director, Global Master Data Management will serve as the lead master data architect and strategist for the new Enterprise Business Applications (EBA) program. The EBA program is a multi-year, company-wide digital transformation initiative to modernize the business processes and platforms upon which the company operates. The position initially reports to the VP, Global Business Transformation and will be a critical member of the Business Transformation Office. The position will transition to reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer of the company upon program implementation.
This leadership position will be responsible for the following activities pertaining to the EBA program:
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of global master data-oriented strategies and organization.
- Collaborate with Information Services (IS), Solution Design and Implementation Vendor(s), and business unit functional leaders to establish global standards and maintain master data integrity for the new ERP platform and boundary applications.
- Work with different Business Units and the Technical Master Data Management team in IS to define and align the structure of master data and define approval hierarchy.
- Establish the framework to govern all business-related master data activities to drive the consistency and integrity of data.
- Conduct current state and future state needs assessments; understand and address gaps that must be addressed during the design and implementation phases of the new ERP platform.
- Contribute to and support key master data design decisions ensuring critical end-to-end processes deliver a comprehensive, global design.
- Participate in implementation and testing efforts related to global master data set-up and management.
- Represent business data and reporting needs to the company’s leadership and EBA program team.
- Lead and coordinate program priorities and progress around master data management, including problem solving and risk management with the following stakeholders: Information Services, Global Business Transformation Office, Program Team, Business Units, Solution Design and Implementation Vendor(s), etc.
- Measures and tracks pre and post program implementation to ensure KPI driven success is achieved.
- Influence critical workstreams to achieve program objectives related to Driscoll’s value chain and corresponding milestones.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25%, and less once the program is complete.
- Represent Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll’s people manager, the Director, Global Master Data Management will manage the Global Data and Reporting lead.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a global business environment that is undergoing rapid transformation.
- Proven track record of managing large and complex initiatives, especially with a focus on master data, that sit at the intersection of business process and technology.
- Ability and experience to effectively engage cross-functional leaders and understand the interdependencies between critical processes and the dependence of data (e.g., nursery operations and sales and operations planning).
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems currently utilized and/or planned for future implementation; possesses knowledge of theories across diverse disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Driscoll’s is a Mission, Vision and Values driven company.
- Mission: To continually delight Berry Consumers through alignment with our Customers and our Berry Growers.
- Vision: To become the world’s berry company, enriching the lives of everyone we touch.
- By being rooted strongly in the Mission and Vision of the company, there are clearly defined leadership competencies (below). Each of these will be critical to success in this complex leadership role.
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for Director, Global Master Data Management: $134,900 to $205,900 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.