Senior Manager, Application Architecture
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005030
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Senior Manager of Application Architecture is a member of Driscoll’s Information Technology Leadership team. The IT organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development, and production support of the key business. Driscoll’s is looking for an innovative, hands-on leader, with a track record of high performance that will drive positive outcomes for strategic investments. Our goal is to deliver business technology solutions that improve our capabilities. This exciting role will lead the development of the technology application architectural strategy for global enterprise business applications systems in alignment with business goals. The architect will be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design, and implementation; may oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for packaged applications.
- Define the overall enterprise architecture for a portfolio of businesses that will enable the execution of new business models and automation of existing ones.
- Provide guidance, road maps, technical principles, standards, and best practices to influence investment decisions that prioritize and balance operational demands.
- Assist in building the capability to deliver on the strategy. This will include technology evaluation and recommendation, design principles, proof of concepts (POCs), data and analytics, and services capabilities.
- Develop migration strategies to close gaps between the current and future state of the application architecture.
- Review requirements across multiple applications and business functions to develop application models that span applications and domains.
- Help to define system and technical architecture governance with business stakeholders on identifying initiatives, evaluating technology, and promoting better use of solutions throughout the organization using technology.
- Capitalize on leveraging SOA, software quality, and reusability to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
- Identifies system requirements for ecosystem-wide applications, including hardware and software technology.
- Provide ongoing analysis of the application ecosystem to detect critical deficiencies, and opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Develops and maintains IT ecosystem architecture models, processes and documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of product direction and future offerings of enterprise application vendors.
In addition to the functional responsibilities of the role, as a Driscoll's people manager, you will accomplish work individually and through others while delivering on functional accountabilities connected to the employee lifecycle, including:
- Workforce Planning: Aligning the people plan to the business plan
- Hiring: Find, evaluate, and hire new team members
- Onboarding: Integrating new employees into the organization
- Managing: Organize and coordinate activities of a team to achieve defined strategic objectives
- Development: Partnering with your employees to create a plan to grow in their existing or potential future roles
- Employee Safety: Ensure both physical and psychological safety in the workplace
- Off-boarding: Ending an employment relationship
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 12 years of IT work experience with at least 5 years of architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning.
- 5 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Enterprise architecture certification such as Open CA, Zachman (level 2), TOGAF is strongly preferred.
- Experience with diverse business unit solution architectures and a deep understanding of integration strategy.
- Experience in a consumer products or industrial company setting. Operational experience supporting a multi-channel, complex supply chain environment would be additive.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with a broad range of enterprise solutions and SOA toolsets.
- Advanced knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles, and processes.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of SaaS vs. on-premise differences, concerns, and best practices.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking the language of technical developers and business managers.
- Experience working in an offshore/onshore collaborative environment.
- Experience training and mentoring others.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with various technology platforms, including ERP Applications, Windows, Cloud (AWS), and SAAS solutions.
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- California driver's license and the ability to be covered under a company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with various colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll's, seeking win-win solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one's self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Compensation & Benefits:
The following information is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range and benefits for the position posted. The actual compensation offered to the successful candidate is dependent upon experience, skills, education, work location, internal pay equity, and other objective job-related factors.
Salary Range estimated for SR Manager - Application Architecture $122,600 - $187,200 USD.
Driscoll’s is committed to a culture of care and offers an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. Other benefits include: 401(k) with employer match, profit-sharing participation, paid sick time, paid vacation, paid personal and family care leave, and a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP). More detailed information regarding the benefits package, will be shared during the application process.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.