Nursery Technology Program Lead
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0005028
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s of the America’s (DOTA) Nursery team is rapidly evolving its technology stack to support a future ready Nursery through digital transformation. The Nursery Technology Program Lead will play an instrumental part in our design and implementation of a suite of connected systems designed to facilitate the planning and execution of the plant nursery network across DOTA. This role will act as a lead manager for half of the technology portfolio and working with a peer who leads the accompanying part of the portfolio. A new core aspect of the role is supporting the Nursery transition to a new ERP system and aligning how external systems work with a future ERP system.
- Manage multiple Nursery specific tracks of an ERP planning and implementation
- Define how the future state process transforms existing legacy process
- Work with multiple teams to evaluate As-Is process flow and develop future state process with group adoption
- Collaborate and support third party implementation partners
- Partner with other Nursery Track manager to align all tracks in flight
- Work with functional partners to account for dependencies and impacts
- Support awareness of change management efforts across the implementation
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25%
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior Oracle technical implementation experience from a business perspective
- 5 years of related ERP professional experience
- Advanced experience with current web technologies including agile testing and deployment strategies
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in clear and simple ways
- Proven Project management experience
- Direct implementation and delivery experience with ERP or similar systems
- The ability to quickly learn complex business concepts and translate them to how technology can facilitate business transformation
- Understanding of software development life cycle and direct implementation experience
- Experience with change management in a manufacturing or agricultural environment
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with IS teams, Project Management and Nursery stakeholders to accomplish implementation
- Align efforts with input from different business unit members
- Drive the Nursery systems technology transformation as internal lead for ERP and implementation of other Nursery systems
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- The ability to interpret and transform complex legacy processes from offline to embedded software solutions
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to get there
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one’s self and others
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.