Systems Analyst II - Nursery
- Location: US - Redding Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004997
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s produces the finest berries in the world, and the Driscoll’s Nursery is responsible for producing the plants that grow those berries. The business unit that is primarily responsible for activities throughout both North and South America is known as DOTA (Driscoll’s of the Americas), and this position works within the DOTA business unit. The Nursery Systems Analyst II supports the DOTA Nursery, measuring and managing data related to the activities of planning, ordering, tracking, and moving global genetics for all crops. This position works cross-functionally with DOTA regions and relies on a solid technical background to find creative solutions to reduce complexities within existing processes, develop new tools to bridge gaps in current reporting and functionality, manage technical documentation, and perform data analysis. This position supports DOTA order and inventory management, systems implementation, hardware support, long-term distribution planning, budget files, and reports, BI reports development, standard operating procedures, and other duties as needed.
- Support incoming requests for functionality and maintenance requests for DOTA Nursery systems.
- Perform triage assessment of reported technical issues, troubleshooting and validation, and facilitate the request and incident process with Service Desk and other relevant teams in IS on behalf of end-users.
- Create and maintain performance metrics for Global Order Fulfillment, Planning, and Inventory Management based on stakeholder requirements.
- Assist with facilitation and participate in end-user testing for Nursery systems development and implementations, bug fixes, and reports.
- Using a strong technical background, provide creative and thoughtful solutions to help reduce complexities and increase efficiencies with existing processes and functionality.
- Set up and maintain master data and product details in inventory system of record and other related systems.
- Utilize Tableau and other reporting tools to support reporting needs within the Business teams.
- Develop and manage the data collection, consolidation, and reporting for daily Harvest Dashboards and End of Season Scorecards.
- Provide relevant feedback from user experience in order to assist with process improvement and Systems Team requests and prioritization, and deliver suggestions on how to improve related processes.
- Respond to Systems Team requests within standard timeframes and provide deliverable to customers by agreed upon due date.
- Research and learn new technology as needed to support Nursery systems and applications for current and future use.
- Responsible for managing activities in collaboration with DOTA Nursery teams, end-users of DOTA Nursery systems, and customers of related data to accomplish planned growth.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20%.
- B.A./B.S. in Business Administration, technical field, 3-5 years of equivalent experience, or combination of education and experience is required.
- Well-versed in communicating between technical and non-technical parties to facilitate alignment and understanding.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, reliability and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment is essential.
- Ability to explain complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Experience working with relational databases and an intermediate-level ability to use standard query language (SQL) to efficiently extract data through various reporting and querying tools.
- Ability to analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting methods, escalation paths, and bug fix testing.
- Proficiency with reporting tools such as Tableau, Excel PowerQuery, and others.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, Access, and all Office 365 applications is required.
- Must demonstrate a high level of organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Possesses a strategic mindset and can understand key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Experience with process improvement concepts and ability to effectively propose and implement change.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and awareness of when to seek guidance.
- Displays initiative and can adequately set and meet deadlines.
- Possesses a strategic mindset and critical thinking skills
- Bilingual speaking/writing in English/Spanish strongly preferred
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and empowers others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.