Senior Accountant of Global Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004979
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Senior Accountant of Global Financial Reporting and Accounting is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to facilitate the administration of the reporting tool, metadata, reporting hierarchies for multiple ERPs, and developing global accounting processes. Responsible for validating accuracy of data warehouse and main point of contact with the Information Systems team for trouble shooting and issue resolution. Develop, train, and communicate policies and procedures to controllership teams. The individual in this role exhibits the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous recurring ad hoc reporting and accounting activities. Other valued attributes include a strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment. The individual in the role must have a strong understanding of financial data and accounting principle to support development of global processes.
- Assist the development of standardized and ad hoc reports to support global and management reporting needs
- Assist the administration of global reporting tool, including development and maintenance of instructional materials, and training
- Assist financial dimension creation and management of existing global financial dimensions
- Assist in global consolidation process and support year end preparation of the audited financial statements
- Review financial results received from local accountants, reconcile inter-company transactions and investment in subsidiary activity
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations and independently research exceptions
- Conduct month-end close procedures for assigned subsidiaries, including preparation of monthly elimination journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results
- Prepare monthly financial reporting analysis
- Collaborate with global functions and subsidiaries to set processes and procedures for intercompany transactions
- Assist in the develop and rollout global accounting processes for recording and reporting
- Proactively identify issues and provide process improvements solutions
- Assist with global initiatives, special projects, and analyses as directed by management.
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices
- Solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions and develop new concepts, methods and techniques
- Work independently, with guidance only in the most complex situations
- Interpret internal/external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15%.
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant or qualified to sit for the exam
- 5+ years of finance reporting and accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and basic accounting terminology and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ability to stay on schedule and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to initiate new ideas, to train others in on-the-job procedures
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills a plus
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes, and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy, resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or outside of Driscoll’s, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and transparency.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.