Genetic Deployment Communication Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Communications
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0004962
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s Global R&D business unit is a global leader in berry variety development and innovative cultivation practices. Practitioners from across the Driscoll’s enterprise look to Global R&D as the source of vetted expertise on a wide range of scientific and agronomic topics. The communication of knowledge to successfully cultivate Driscoll’s varieties is as valuable to the enterprise as the varieties themselves. The Genetic Deployment Communication Manager leads efforts to promote and market R&D’s information and tools globally, keeping the objectives of our company mission as the primary driver in determining optimal outcomes. This role is to ensure connectivity and promote knowledge sharing within the global research and grower community as well as foster a culture celebrating innovation, collaboration, and grower uptake of information. They will partner with a global network of subject matter experts, including breeders, researchers, and agronomists, to develop engaging and instructional multi-media content including peer-reviewed reference documentation, instructional videos, live virtual field tours, e-learning courses, webinars, and podcasts, push notifications which will be available across Driscoll’s network and externally with growers. This position reports to the Director of Genetic Deployment.
- Design, drive, implement, and maintain communication strategy for Global R&D; Technology Transfer, Genetic Deployment, Global Internal Communications, R&D Administrative team.
- Create, translate and disseminate key messaging using intranets, employee communications, presentations, videos, and social media.
- Contribute to the global translation strategy to serve a multilingual employee base for languages including Spanish, Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Arabic.
- Manage brand including digital asset creation, marketing collateral, program signage, genetic pipeline, and competitive positioning.
- Support relationships with external customers such as growers to promote engagement in our new advances in tools & techniques that will contribute to our mission.
- Manage editorial staff and external contracted vendors.
- Continuously improve and/or create new knowledge management workflows to improve visibility and clarity of scientific communications.
- Support other R&D department’s communication needs to profile innovations and knowledge share.
- Track and manage annual communication budget.
- Travel internationally to host workshops, attend conferences, alignment meetings, tour farms, and ultimately identify communication and knowledge management gaps.
- Manage projects when working with third-party tech, design, communications agencies to ensure projects are on time, on budget, and on brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as an innovative and digitally savvy in content management systems with a record of producing engaging and informative scientific and technical content, preferably in the agriculture sector.
- Understand engagement strategies and change management techniques.
- Ability to develop educational materials, host trainings, video production, in-house video, livestream productions preferred.
- Experience in creating and establishing a brand, designing marketing collateral, and implementing communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and diplomacy, and the ability to maintain clear and insightful communication across a broad spectrum of organizations and platforms.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and accomplish day-to-day tasks.
- Understanding of social media platforms as a tool for engagement.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Valid driver license, valid passport, and eligibility for a company sponsored vehicle insurance.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) fluency is strongly preferred.
- Travel is required (up to 20% domestic and international).
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.